10 May Recipe: DIY Trail Mix with RED
Written by, Christine Chanel
It’s time to go outside and hit the state park, beach, or poolside; what is easily packable, snackable, and full of the nutrients you need to keep you keepin’ on? Trail mix, of course!
The question is, do we really want to rely on commercial store brand mixes for our daily dose of healthy fats? Hydrogenated oils and jacked up price tags with a side of processed salt? No thanks.
Homemade quality trail mix, like anything else in moderation, can be a staple of a healthy lifestyle. The perfect mix will always come in handy for those moments where you need a boost of energy and you need a boost, fast!
Of course, we’ll leave you to your own cravings control—although this wholesome blend of salty & sweet may just do the trick.
- ¾ cup raw cashews (bake in the oven for 10 mins at 350°F.)
- ¾ cup raw pecans (bake in the oven for 10 mins at 350°F.)
- ½ cup dry roasted pepitas
- ½ cup of chopped RED Dark Chocolate with Orange & Almond
- ½ cup unsweetened golden raisins
- ¾ cup of caramel popcorn (optional – for a more toothsome mix)
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
Mix around, Shake & Go!