24 Sep 5 EASY Campfire Desserts That You Needed To Try Yesterday
Written by, Christine ChanelIt’s time to put the beach days behind us. These 5 easy campfire desserts will be sure to do just that! There is really no better place to spend the early chilly months than in front of a campfire—especially when it comes to creating tasty snacks. There are endless campfire dessert dishes to choose from, guaranteed to please all your campfire-loving family and friends. Although, sometimes we hope for a healthier version of those beloved treats. We have some healthier ideas! Even something as minuscule as swapping out your usual chocolate choice for any of RED’s indulgent flavors—you can cut 50% of fat compared to traditional brands. That makes quite the difference. These easy campfire dessert modifications will have you and the whole family feeling ooey-gooey on cloud nine.
Campfire Desserts Create a Bonfire to Remember
1. Campfire s’mores nachos
- 12 oz whole wheat graham crackers
- 12 oz mini marshmallows
- 6 oz RED milk chocolate, chopped
- 3 oz bananas, sliced
- Break graham crackers into smaller pieces
- Layer broken graham crackers in the bottom of a deep walled aluminum pan or cast-iron skillet
- Generously sprinkle marshmallows & bananas
- Top with RED milk chocolate chunks
- Place pan over campfire grate, cook for 10 minutes or until marshmallows & chocolate begin to melt
2. Campfire chocolately cream-cheese baked apples
- One granny smith apple, cored (makes one serving)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1/4 cup low-fat cream cheese
- .5oz of RED milk or dark chocolate
- In a bowl, mix the brown sugar, cinnamon, honey, cream cheese
- Fill the cored apples with cream cheese mixture
- Press chocolate into the center of the core, making sure the top is covered with cream cheese mixture
- Wrap the apple in heavy foil, twist the extra foil to create a “handle”
- Place apples on campfire grate or directly in coals. Let roast for 5-10 minutes or until soft. Be careful removing the apples if they are on the coals.
- Remove & enjoy this little slice of heaven!
3. Campfire Strawberries with RED fondue
- RED Chocolate flavor of choice
- Marshmallow fluff
- 1oz milk (optional)
- Fill about 1/4th of a larger pot with a little bit of water. Place a 2nd smaller pot or heat-safe cup inside. Make sure the water does not exceed the level of the 2nd pot/cup. Bring the water to a boil.
- Place strawberries on the end of skewer sticks.
- Dip tips of strawberries in marshmallow fluff.
- Once the water has come to a boil, while wearing oven mitts, carefully place RED chocolate inside the 2nd cup. Melt. You may add milk or cream to help the consistency. Stir.
- Once the chocolate has melted, remove from fire.
- Place strawberry skewers over the fire until fluff on the end starts to brown, dip, and enjoy!
4. Campfire RED Chocolate Ricotta Dessert Pizza
- 1 large pita or naan (pocketless)
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup RED dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 2 oz granola or oats
- dash of sea salt
- Spread ricotta evenly on pita or naan
- Generously place blackberries, granola/oats & RED dark chocolate
- Drizzle with honey, top with a dash of sea salt
- Place pizza on a tray of foil over the campfire grate
- Cook until warm. Dig in!
5. Campfire Dessert Quesadillas
- 1 tortilla wrap
- 2 tbs creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbs strawberry jam (or whichever you prefer)
- 4 squares of RED milk chocolate with hazelnuts & macadamia
- Spread peanut butter and jam on one side of the tortilla
- Add RED squares
- Fold quesadilla to look like an omelet
- Place on tin foil on campfire grate. Keep on the fire until you notice the peanut butter melting off the sides.
- Remove & Yum!
Campfire Desserts GalorePro-tip: Guiltless S’more-nanas Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, & Twitter to never miss a chocolatey beat. Have a tasty idea of your own? Email our Editorial Team.
$14.99 — or subscribe and save up to 12%
RED single-serving, grab-n-go bars deliver the buttery crunch of hazelnuts...