20 Nov Sweet Potato Fat Bombs
Written by, Christine Chanel
Sweet potato fat bombs make a perfect addition to the Thanksgiving season. Satisfy your family AND your cravings.
Make a healthy perfect addition to the Thanksgiving season. This easy recipe will satisfy your cravings all while having a healthy fat profile.
One of the most popular consensuses seems to be that peanut butter & jelly are the ultimate dynamic duo, but, how do we know this is really true unless we are willing to experiment? November is National Sweet Potato Awareness Month as well as Thanksgiving—So, we must have something to say about that, right? Sweet potato fat bombs, is the answer.
Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of vitamins A and C. These are two key nutrients of immune system support—and, you can’t deny, during these times, we just can’t seem to get enough of that. Sweet potatoes are also extremely rich in antioxidants that can help maintain healthy organs, skin, and eyesight support. But, that’s not all…they are known to be anti-inflammatory superfoods! This means they are able to ward off almost every chronic disease when consumed in moderation.
Now, what about Chocolate…
Dark chocolate holds a great source of vitamins A, B1, C, D, and E with a side of calcium. Perfectly packed with flavonoids. There are over 300 naturally occurring chemicals found in chocolate—one of them being phenylethylamine. This chemical causes a change in blood pressure and increases a feeling of excitement, often compared with the feeling of love. Eating chocolate can increase the level of endorphins released into the brain which is helpful in decreasing pain and stress. This is why we tend to reach for chocolate in our sad moments, as well as our happy ones.
The difference between RED and other leading brands is that RED is crafted with all-natural sweeteners, delivering an amazing taste with fewer calories. Without added refined sugar, RED still delivers up to 40% less fat, and 35% fewer calories than other chocolate.
What if we combined the two…to create a Sweet Potato Fat Bomb, nonetheless.
Just when you need something to keep the holiday cravings away—a few of these will help your mind kick the sugar daydream all while keeping your tastebuds happy.
- 1/2 cup RED Dark Chocolate
- 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil (separate)
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tbsp monk fruit sweetener
- 1/2 cup canned sweet potato puree (or, you can make your own)
- Mini muffin liner cups
- Place RED chocolate and coconut oil in a glass bowl resting over top of a saucepan filled with 1/2 cup water until smoothly melted. Remove.
- Fill each muffin liner with 2 teaspoons of chocolate melt. Place them directly in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Put the coconut butter, 1/4 cup of coconut oil, monk fruit sweetener, pumpkin spice mix in a glass bowl resting over a pan of boiling water, just like you did the chocolate.
- Add the sweet potato mix and smooth it out.
- Remove muffin cups from the fridge and add a heaping spoonful of the mix into each cup. Place back in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- When done, keep refrigerated! These will melt if they get too warm!
Store in the fridge for up to a week. Or freeze for up to two months.
Pro-tip: Shares the table with our Dessert baked sweet potatoes.Follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram. Never miss a chocolatey beat.