17 Dec Boozy Chocolate Mousse
This rich, creamy no-bake mousse is a must-have for chocolate fans and happy hour lovers alike. Dress it up to make it a holiday staple.
The most wonderful time of the year is here—also, the most stressful. On top of that? It’s 2020 style. What if there was a dish that could take your taste buds to another level while also taking off the edge? Say hello to this boozy chocolate mousse made with Irish cream.
Healthy-ish Holiday Treats
It’s the holidays. You deserve to indulge a little more than normal—that’s what a New Year’s Resolution is for, right? When people following a healthy lifestyle think of mousse they WILL most likely assume it is “OFF LIMITS!” due to the high fat, carb, and calorie content. This boozy chocolate mousse is special because it’s rich, delicious, and has an ingredient list that won’t make you roll your eyes. Now…the booze can be optional—add it in if you’re in the mood for some extra smiles to go along with those happy spoons.
Better with RED
Using RED in this recipe versus standard confection chocolate also makes this mousse extra special. RED is crafted with all-natural sweeteners derived from melons all while delivering buttery, creamy flavor without the added refined sugar. 40% less fat, and 35% fewer calories than other leading chocolates. RED is low carb, reduced calorie, reduced fat, gluten-free, and Kosher certified. It’s vegetarian while our dark chocolate assortments are vegan friendly. RED is also Weight Watchers, Whole30, Keto, and Atkins friendly.
- Use a hand mixer for the cream. Mixing cream cheese by hand will result in better consistency.
- Powdered erythritol is on the sweeter side. You may use any sweetener substitute.
- If you’re opting to add alcohol but do not like whiskey, you could add Rumchata (a cream-based Rum), Brandy, or even Egg Nog!
- Pre-chill your glass bowls. A chilled bowl will speed up the beating time.
- 1 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 ounces Irish Cream Liqueur
- 1/2 cup powdered erythritol
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- (1 package) 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup RED Dark Chocolate
- Broken up candy canes, holiday-themed sprinkles, or fruit of choice, RED chocolate shavings, pomegranate seeds.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine RED chocolate and 3 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream. Heat and stir until chocolate is melted. Whisk and add Irish Cream. Whisk again and allow to cool in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Pour the remainder of whipping cream into a different bowl.
- Using a hand mixer on medium-high, beat until the cream starts to thicken. Carefully add the sugar substitute, cocoa powder, and vanilla until it’s thick. Set the whipped cream aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese until it’s smooth. Scraping the bowl with a rubber spatula can help this process. Next, add the chocolate-liquor mixture to the cream cheese and keep mixing.
- Slowly fold in the whipped cream with the cream cheese mixture.
- Using the mixer on low, beat until you reach a perfect airy consistency.
- Decorate with your favorite toppings & Enjoy!