17 Dec No-Bake Holiday Star
Written by, Christine Chanel
These No-Bake Holiday Star raw “cookies” are perfect for any celebration and will have you reevaluating the word ‘dessert’.
Cookies will make their way into our houses one way or another. It’s the holidays—there’s really no way around it. While it may seem like love at first taste, but soon enough your tummy will be gurgling thanks to all of that processed sugar. Sugar consumption can be quite overwhelming around this time of year, and no one is to blame. That’s just the way it is. But too much of it can have us feeling icky and even too exhausted to continue celebrating. Is there a healthier alternative that you’ll actually want to eat? Yes. Hear me out—No-bake holiday stars. They’re raw. They’re easy. What more could you ask for?
Hold the sugar
- High-Fructose Corn Syrup
- Cane Sugar
- Table Sugar
- White Sugar
Unfortunately, most of our favorite holiday recipes call for refined or table sugar. Which may increase your risk of obesity, type 2 diabetes, liver, and heart disease. It can also be linked to psychological disorders such as depression, anxiety, and dementia. High-sugar diets have been linked to an increased risk of dying from heart disease. In other words—it’s just not good.
RED is crafted with all-natural sweeteners derived from melons all while delivering buttery, creamy flavor without the added refined sugar. 40% less fat, and 35% fewer calories than other leading chocolates. RED is low carb, reduced calorie, reduced fat, gluten-free, and Kosher certified. It’s vegetarian while our dark chocolate assortments are vegan friendly. RED is also Weight Watchers, Whole30, Keto, and Atkins friendly.
- 1 cup raw unflavored almonds
- 4 tbsp sugar-free maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 2oz RED Dark Chocolate
- A star-shaped cookie cutter
- Blend almonds in a blender until it becomes a powder.
- Add everything but the chocolate until it becomes a paste.
- Scoop it out and roll into a ball. Place onto a parchment-lined pan.
- Use a rolling pin to flatten the mixture until it is about ½” thick.
- Use a star cookie cutter to cut out your shapes. Place cookies on a tray and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Melt RED Chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Add a little maple syrup for a thinner consistency.
- When the cookies are firm, remove them from the refrigerator. With a spoon, drizzle the chocolate mixture on top. Place cookies back in the refrigerator to harden the chocolate. Enjoy!