15 Nov REDiscover Chocolate Aquafaba Mousse
Written by, Dara Wilson
Did you think it could happen? Well, get ready for your mind to be blown. Yes, mousse just got better. More delicious and even healthier than ever. Chocolate aquafaba mousse.
Welcome to the wonderful world of cooking and baking with….
chickpea water, a.k.a., aquafaba.
Yes, as in the water that chickpeas hang out in. Yes, as in the stuff you spill out because you thought it was just to keep the chickpeas company. Funny name isn’t it?
While aquafaba is not a heavy source of nutrients, fiber, or protein, it is next to nothing in calories and sugar, with no fat or sodium.
With just a little magic (powdered sugar) and decadence (melted chocolate), mousse is now
ahead of the dessert game.
Aside from being ridiculously delicious, there is:
This recipe is very easy on the dairy, so if you’re trying to cut back on your milk consumption—this is a great recipe to try!
Will anyone with any type of diet love it? Duh.
What’s the best part of this aquafaba mousse? It’s made using RED chocolate. You can’t get any better than a delightful, no added sugar, keto-friendly, REAL tasting chocolate bar. Yes, real chocolate with no added sugar. Let’s get down to business.
Aquafaba Mousse Recipe
Level: Medium Time: 1-2 days (Active: 30 minutes) Servings: 4
- 4 cans chickpeas
- 1 cup (1.5 bars) RED dark chocolate melted
- 4 tablespoons organic or powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 heaping tablespoons corn starch
- Whipped coconut cream (optional for topping)
- Chill the chickpea cans in the fridge overnight. The colder, the better, but definitely not frozen! Room temperature aquafaba will not do.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave or on stovetop. Let slightly cool while still liquid texture. If the chocolate is too hot, it will loosen the mousse’s texture.
- Separate all four cans of chickpeas from its aquafaba (chickpea water). You can use the chickpeas for the Chocolate Protein Bark.
- In a medium-sized bowl, with a hand mixer or stand mixer, aquafaba and corn starch should be whipped until stiff peaks form (looks like whipped egg whites). *Note: Aquafaba cannot be mixed by hand.
- Gently fold in melted chocolate, sugar, and vanilla. Be careful not to overmix.
- Distribute mousse into 4 cups and chill for at least 3 hours (ideally overnight).
- Garnish with whipped coconut cream, shaved RED chocolate, fresh strawberries, or other fruit of choice.
- Enjoy and love!
If you are trying to avoid fattening creams, this aquafaba mousse is it. You’re welcome. Who knew you could so much out of canned chickpeas? Hurry up and get to the store now to snag some aquafaba before everyone learns about it. Don’t forget the RED chocolate.